Updated March 27, 2020
An Update on COVID-19 for Our Customers
An Update on COVID-19 for Our Customers
ACERTUS’ number one priority is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our customers, employees and suppliers.
In light of the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our team is closely monitoring and adhering to the suggestions of the U.S. and state public health guidelines. We are reviewing information put forth by the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as the situation is developing.
Among the concerns raised due to the impact of the Coronavirus is whether the supply chain will be affected. ACERTUS continues to be fully operational; however, as a precaution, we have a business continuity plan in place to minimize any operational disruption.
Effective March 16, 2020, out of an abundance of caution, most work and business functions will be conducted remotely. Most ACERTUS employees have laptop devices and our operational and technology systems are cloud based including email, phone systems, file sharing, meetings, etc. Although we are working hard to eliminate any disruption and delays to service, there may be delays in deliveries as transporters are experiencing limited capacity and delays in title and registration transaction processing.
For our title and registration service line, we will have a leadership response team assembled to field calls. In the event DMVs shut down, our team will be unable to process, and you may experience delays. We are closely monitoring DMV closures; you can find the full list of closures below.
With corporate locations in St. Louis, MO, Alpharetta, GA and Lenexa, KS, ACERTUS has the ability to redeploy employees if appropriate. Additionally, the broad scale and geographic coverage of our driver and carrier network enables our team to flex to meet the demand of our customers.
As always, we are here to support you with a relentless drive to deliver.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding ACERTUS and Corona virus policy and procedures, please contact Lainey Strohmeyer, Vice President of People Services. For questions about our services or sales, please contact your account representative.
To check status please visit www.ACERTUSdelivers.com or call 1-888-ACERTUS
Updated March 26, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
- Baldwin County – Mail In Only
- Shelby County – Limited Staff, Mail in Only
- Entire State – Curbside check-in and COVID-19 screening required for appointment. Vehicle registrations expiring before March 31 are extended until April 15, penalty charges associated with these registrations and renewals will not be charged until April 16
- Entire State – Closed to public, allowing mail in work or appointments
- Entire State – Limited Staff, Mail In Only. Select counties have full closures through March 30: Rogers, Gravette, Hamburg, McGehee, Decatur, Augusta, Cave City, Manila, Ash Flat, Benton, Horseshoe Bend, Wynne, Mammoth Spring, and Dover
- Entire State – Appointment Only. Extension on registrations with expirations between March 1 and September 1 for 6 months
- Alameda County – Shelter In Place, Limited Staff to Full Closure
- Contra Costa County – Shelter In Place, Limited Staff to Full Closure
- Marin County – Shelter In Place, Limited Staff to Full Closure
- San Francisco County – Shelter In Place, Limited Staff to Full Closure
- San Mateo County – Shelter In Place, Limited Staff to Full Closure
- Entire State – Customers to avoid coming into DMV offices for 60 days. Will be limited to an appointment only basis
- Adams County – Full Closure
- Alameda County – Full Closure
- Arapahoe County – Full Closure
- Archuleta County – Full Closure
- Broomfiled County – Full Closure
- Denver County – Full Closure, Denver motor vehicle officials are providing a grace period for expired vehicle registrations and for newly purchased vehicles that have not yet been registered through April 9
- Douglas County – Mail In or Drop Off
- El Paso County – Closed at Fort Carson & Colorado Springs Offices
- Gilpin County – Full Closure
- Grand County – Full Closure
- Jefferson County – Full Closure
- Larimer County – Mail In Only
- Summit County – Full Closure
- Weld County – Mail In Only
- Entire State – Permitting counties to waive late fees for vehicle registration and renewals. Customers are encouraged to utilize E-services to complete eligible transactions
- Entire State – Shelter In Place, Branch offices are closed to the public but will allow work through mail and by phone. Vehicles vessels or temporary registrations expiring between March 10 and June 8 have been extended 90 days
Disctrict of Columbia:
- Mail In Only, Registrations expiring between March 16 and March 31 will be granted a waiver without penalty until DC DMV reopens at full capacity
- Entire State – Emissions testing and DMV lobbies are limited to below 50 people per building. Urging the use of online services and waiving vehicle registration renewal late fees until further notice
- Entire State – Closed To Public, Mail In Only
- Clayton County – Full Closure
- Cobb County – Full Closure
- Coweta County – No Walk Ins
- Dekalb County – Mail In Only
- Fulton County DMV at 141 Pryor St. SW Atlanta – Mail In Only
- Fulton County DMV at 137 Peachtree St. – Mail In Only
- N Fulton County Service Center – Mail In Only
- S Fulton County Service Center – Mail In Only
- Fulton County Customer Service Center at 11575 Maxwell Rd. – Mail In Only
- Gwinnett County – Limited Staff, Mail In Only
- Richmond County – Full Closure
- Entire State – All commercial customers with more than 2 title transactions are required to submit title applications through the Motor Vehicle Division Lobby Desk
- Honolulu Office – Drop Off Only
- Entire State – Appointment Only
- All registrations that are expired or will expire between March 1 and May 31 are extended until June 30
- Entire State – Full Closure, 30 day Title and Registration extension
- Entire State – Mail In Only, No Walk Ins. Pursuant to executive order, effective March 19 and for the following 60-day period, administrative penalty (late) fees are waived and the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles is not required to operate a branch in each of Indiana’s 92 counties. For those branches that remain open, a BMV employee will be at the entrance of every branch; an employee will confirm transaction need and limit the number of customers inside the building to 20; the number of chairs in the lobby will be reduced to reinforce the quantity of customers; no more than 20 chairs for customers spaced at least 6 feet apart; the use of examiner terminals will be limited to every other terminal and only one customer may work with a CSR during a transaction.
- Entire State – Appointment Only, Vehicle registrations expired January 16 or later will be considered valid until the declared emergency has ended. If purchasing or transferring a vehicle you will not be required to obtain a title and registration within 30 days, this will remain in effect until the declared emergency has ended. All customers entering a DOT service center will be asked a series of questions to evaluate their risk of exposure to COVID-19 and exposure to others being served. If it is determined that there may be a heihtened risk for the customer to be served, they will be asked to delay services to a later date.
- Johnson County – Mail In Only, No Walk Ins
- Topeka Division of Motor Vehicles – Full Closure
- Wyandotte County – Mail In Only
- Frankfort & All Statewide License Offices – Mail In Only
- Amrite – Full Closure
- Buras – Full Closure
- Cameron – Full Closure
- Deridder – Full Closure
- Donaldsonville – Full Closure
- Homer – Full Closure
- Kinder – Full Closure
- Lake Providence – Full Closure
- New Orleans DMV – Full Closure
- New Orleans East – Full Closure
- New Orleans Veterans – Full Closure
- Slidell – Full Closure
- St. Joseph – Full Closure
- West Wego – Full Closure
- Entire State – Expiration date of temporary registration plates which expire on or before March 9 is suspended until May 10. The expiration date of license plates which expired on or after March 9 but before May 10 is suspended until May 10. Office of Motor Vehicles may offer services by remote customer service agent interaction in current office locations.
- Entire State – Full Closure, Registrations to be extended 30 days following termination of the Governor’s declared state of emergency
- Entire State – Mail In Only, Accepting Appointments for Runners. Registrations are extended for 30 days following the termination of the state of emergency
- Entire State – Full Closure, Vehicle registrations will not be extended at this time as most can be renewed online
- Springfield – Will not be open to process any IRP transactions
- Entire State -Full Closure
- DVS services are unavailable at the following deputy registrar and driver’s license agent offices: Cambridge Driver’s license station only, Jordan, Golden Valley, Maplewood, New Brighton, North Minneapolis Hennepin County Service Center, Roseville, White Bear Lake and Wayzata
- Entire State – Department of Revenue District Offices are closed to the public. Starting March 17th, the Clinton HQ that provides customer service will be shut down. This includes Titles, IFTA/IRP, and the Jackson District Service Office.
- Douglas County – Not Accepting Walk Ins, registration expirations on or after March 1 are extended until 30 days following the termination of the state of emergency
- Millard Office – Mail In Only
- Omaha – Not Accepting Walk Ins, registration expirations on or after March 1 are extended until 30 days following the termination of the state of emergency
- Entire State – Full Closure, Automatic 90-day extension on any driver’s license, vehicle registration or document that has an expiration date of March 16 through April 30. Download and printe the extension letter to present to law enforcement on demand
- Entire State – 20-day plates, as well as NH authorized dealer 20-day plates, issued on or after March 1 will be given an automatic extension through April 3o
- All New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission agencies, road testing, and inspection facilities will be closed effective immediately and are set to reopen on March 30. All driver licenses, non-driver IDs, vehicle registrations, and inspection stickers expiring before May 31 have been extended by 2 months
- Entire State – Mail In Only
- Albany – Full Closure
- Cortland County – Full Closure
- Delaware County – Reservations Required, County Residents Only
- Dutchess County – Full Closure at Pawling DMV
- Erie County – Full Closure
- Essex County – Ticonderoga DMV offic is closed until further notice. Elizabethtown DMV office is open with half staff, only 4 customers will be allowed in the office at a time – reservations are required.
- Greene County – Reservations Required
- Lewis County – Closed to the public, dealer work is permitted with reservations required
- Livingston County – Dansville DMV office is closed until further notice. Geneseo DMV office will be open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Monroe County – Full Closure
- Montgomery County – Fonda DMV is closed until April 1
- Nassau – Reservations Required
- New York City – Reservations Required
- Oneida County – Offices in Utica and Rome are closed through March 20
- Onondaga – Reservations Required
- Rush Office – Appointment Only Until March 20
- Saratoga County – Appointment Only
- Schenectady County – Schenectady DMV will allow only 2 clients per open window to be filtered in for processing, revolving one client out and one client in. Only necessary people for the transaction will be allowed in. No permit testing is being done. Conditional and Restricted licenses will be offered from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Suffolk – Reservations Required
- Ulster County – Appointment Only
- Wampsville County – Full Closure
- Westchester – Reservations Required
- Entire State – Open offices will be transitioning to mail in only or appointment only. No extensions or waivers in place at this time.
- Entire State – All Clerk of Courts for title work are closed
- Tax Commission – By Appointment Only
- Entire State – Full Closure, Emission Testing Stations Are Closed
- Bucks County – Extending Registration Dates from March to April
- Chester County – Extending Registration Dates from March to April
- Delaware County – Extending Registration Dates from March to April
- Montgomery County – Extending Registration Dates from March to April
- Riverfront Office – Full Closure
- Entire State – Inventory orders will not be filled. State offices are open to complete work. Registrations expiring between March 16 and March 31 are extended until April 30
- Entire State – Vehicle registrations and handicapped placards that expire between March 16 and March 31 have been extended to April 30. Mail In Work is delayed until normal operations resume, no sooner than March 30.
- Puerto Rico DMV – Full Closure, Offering renewal extensions
- Cranston – Appointment Only, Suspending registration services through the end of the week and extending driver licenses and registrations scheduled to expire in March by 30 days.
- Entire State – Will be taking appointments as of March 23. Registrations are extended 30 days. All DMV satellite offices are closed, some branches will be conducting limited numbers and types of transactions.
- Entire State – Full Closure
- Davidson County – Full Closure
- Fayette County – Limited Staff, Mail In Only
- Shelbyville Driver Services Center – Full Closure
- Entire State – Mail In Only, No Walk Ins. All counties have been granted a temporary extension to obtain initial registration, renewal, and vehicle titling. In effect until 60 days after Texas DMV notifies the public of of normal title and registration services resumed. All 16 regional service centers are closed.
- Entire State – Full Closure
- Entire State – Mail In Only, 90 day registration extension
- Entire State – 75 offices are closed until April 2, offering 60 day extensions for expiration before May 15. Fleet title and tag services are still being provided
- Entire State – 56 DMV Closures to Public
- Charleston – No Walk Ins
- Entire State – Full Closure
- Natrona County – Closed To Public
- Sweetwater County – Closed To Public
- Alberta – Appointment Required. Private Registry offices (over 200) remain open but may close as they deem necessary, registrations expiring between March 17 and April 15 will be extended to April 15. Private registry offices continue to issue new vehicle registrations
- British Columbia – All transactions are being done over the phone or by email, Vendor is open
- Manitoba – Vendor is open
- Maritimes – Open
- New Brunswick – Offices are closed
- Nova Scotia – Offices are closed. Credentials expiring in March, April, or May will be extended to August 31
- Ontario – Social Distancing has been put in place, only allowing a couple people in at a time. Unable to import vehicles from Quebec
- Prince Edward Island – Offices are closed
- Quebec – Only essential services are being offered. Hours have been scaled down
- Saskatchewan – Appointment Required
No-Contact Delivery and Transport Protocol
Our number one priority is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our employees, customers and suppliers. ACERTUS is taking extra precautions to keep customers, drivers, and carriers healthy by offering no-contact delivery.
Your Questions Answered
Your Questions Answered
In February, we assembled a cross-functional and cross-office task force and response team which includes representatives from:
- All service lines (car haul, drive away and T&R)
- All offices (STL, ATL, KC)
- Members from all departments including sales, operations, marketing and people services
The COVID-19 Response Team is working diligently to plan for multiple scenarios and keep our entire ACERTUS family informed. We recognize the crucial importance of preparedness during this time of uncertainty. As this COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, we have increased communications to provide comprehensive resources on the topic. We are leveraging email, Ring Central, Zoom, weekly huddles, Paylocity and face-to-face communications etc. to disseminate information in real time.
In addition, the information on this webpage and other forms of communication will be updated regularly. We are sharing information in real-time, considering changes in approach that will best protect our employees and our clients, and setting plans in motion for a wide variety of contingencies.
ACERTUS is taking extra precautions to keep all team members healthy including:
- Sanitizing supplies have been increased for employee use.
- Evening cleaning crews have been asked to conduct deep cleans and clean more often.
- Constant reminders to the staff of basic virus prevention techniques.
- Temporarily modifying our company policy on outside food vendors.
- Removed all community snacks.
- Discontinued campus-provided lunches.
- Asked that team members do not bring in food to share with others (bagels, donuts, etc) and refrain from purchasing lunch to be shared with your department or other departments at this time.
- Encouraged everyone to take common sense measures to keep everyone in the ACERTUS family healthy.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Most ACERTUS employees have laptop devices and our operational and technology systems are cloud based including email, phone systems, file sharing, meetings, etc. so in the event of any travel or workplace restrictions, most business functions and employees will resume work remotely.
For our title and registration service line, in the event of a corporate office shut down, we will have a leadership response team assembled to field calls. In the event DMVs shut down, our team will be unable to process, and you may experience delays. As of March 12, 2020, we are closely monitoring potential DMV closures in DC, Virginia and Maryland as they are no longer accepting walk-ins.
Consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Department of State, we have enacted restrictions and guidelines on ACERTUS-related travel in order to help to mitigate our company’s risk of exposure to the virus:
- International Travel: Travel to countries where the CDC has enacted level 3, or the State Department has enacted levels 3 or 4 is prohibited.
- Domestic Travel: We have restricted all non-essential domestic travel.
- Non-Business Travel: While these guidelines apply to business-related travel, we ask all ACERTUS employees to apply similar judgment when considering personal travel commitments, both internationally and domestically.
Effective March 17, 2020, the Antioch, CA office will be closed to pickup and deliveries due to the “shelter in place” order for all residents in the San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa and Alameda counties. Our staff will continue to work remotely.
All other Drive Away offices are operating business as usual at this time.
Infectious disease is not an area we specialize in. In the event the client has a known case we would provide them with the number to AfterMath (877-688-0234) which is a nationwide 3rd party service that specializes in infectious disease and blood born pathogen removal.
Once the vehicle has been treated, the client can notify us and if the vehicle needs to be picked up we will be happy to arrange.
Below is a list of recommended commercial and consumer products for disinfecting vehicle interior/exterior surfaces that may be contaminated with COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
All of the products are either on the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC) list of products that have been pre-approved/registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging enveloped viral pathogens and can be used during the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), OR EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19 (List N).
Wipes and sprays that contain a citrus fragrance (terpene hydrocarbon/ d-limonene), and/or chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite) cleaning agents are not recommended at this time. Any disinfectant product dispersed by a pressurized aerosol container is not recommended.
NOTE: It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s disinfecting product label for the recommended disinfecting procedure, as it varies by product. These products should be applied to all customer vehicle touchpoints.
- Clorox Fresh Scent Disinfecting Wipes
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipe
- Clorox Commercial Solutions® Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant
- OXIVIR 1 WIPES