TOP TEN ITEMS TO PREPARE YOUR VEHICLE FOR TRANSPORT
As experts within the vehicle transportation space it is ACERTUS’ responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is safely expedited to its proper destination. We are able to do this by taking a hand’s on approach. Through the use of satellite equipment within our fleet, we can provide our customers with real time tracking and update them on their location at any time.
Professional dispatchers are constantly monitoring your shipment, making sure that each load is hitting its eta. The drivers are the most essential piece to this puzzle. Through this strenuous hiring process we are able to find the most qualified drivers to ship your vehicle. Just like moving your household items, transporting your vehicle can be a stressful experience. Here are a few vehicle shipping tips that can help make this process as simple and easy as possible.
1. Please provide the correct address and phone number for your pick up and destination locations.
2. Provide the shipper with proper contact names and phone numbers; emails are good too.
3. Have your vehicle in good working order. Tires are not flat, vehicle will start.
4. Remove all personal items from the interior of the car. Cars are sometimes loaded at an angle to maximize space.
5. When the driver shows up to load do a thorough inspection of your vehicle. Get a copy of this inspection report from the driver for your records.
6. Make sure your vehicle has roughly ¼ tank of gas for loading and unloading. This will also help with the weight of the truck.
7. Get the drivers name and phone number
Next time you move with ACERTUS, be sure to follow these vehicle shipping tips.